Thursday, December 11, 2014

What are You Afraid Of? - Phobias Chapter 1

I don't know about you but I have always been fascinated by Phobias. I have a few of my own, which I won't admit to at this time. However, this list is purely for fun. I have found some of what I consider peculiar fears. So without further ado. some phobias for you.


Here's one that seems to be on the rise. Coulrophobia - Fear of Clowns. Now you have a name for it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that most vampires have this fear - Alliumophobia - Fear of Garlic.



Here's an interesting one and I think I might have this just a little bit - Automatonophobia - Fear of ventriloquist dummies.

I love this one - Alektorophobia - Fear of Chickens.



Here is a trio that seem to be math related.



     
Apeirophobia - Fear of Infinity
     
Asymmetriphobia - Fear of Asymmetric Things: I think      Sheldon on Big Bang Theory has this.

Baraphobia - Fear of Gravity


Here's another one that made me smile - Consecotaleophobia - Fear of Chopsticks

Here's one that made me scratch my head - Dextrophobia - Fear of the Right Side of Your Body. How the heck do you get away from this one?



How about the Fear of Newts? - Batrachophobia

Here's one I can kind of understand - Arachibutyrophobia - Fear of Peanut Butter Getting Stuck to the Roof of your Mouth!!

And that's all for now. Stay tuned - or better yet, follow this blog - for more of what scares you. Merry Christmas. Unless you're afraid of that.



No comments:

Post a Comment