Sunday, November 30, 2014

Cool Shakespearean Insults - Chapter 2

I don't know about you but I'm ready for some more put downs from the Bard. I am continually amazed at his use of common words in uncommon ways to create fabulous burns. So gentle people let the games begin.




I do desire we may be better strangers.

Thou frothy flap-mouthed minnow.

You scullion! You rampallian! You Fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

Thou puking dismal-dreaming horn.

Villain, I have done thy mother.

Thou spleeny flap-mouthed harpy.

They lie deadly when they tell you, you have good faces.

Thou rank beef-witted measle.

Thou art the son and heir of a mongrel bitch.

Thou churlish fen-sucked strumpet.

Away, moldy rogue, away!

I think thou wast created for men to breathe themselves upon you.

More of your conversation would infect my brain.

 I wonder that you still be talking. Nobody marks you.

Well, that's all for now. I challenge you to use one of these pithy phrases on an acquaintance who doest thou find irksome.

No comments:

Post a Comment